Nov 13, 2015
from 10:00 AM to 06:00 PM
|Where||Wolfson Theatre, Churchill College|
|Contact Name||Shelley Surtees|
|Add event to calendar||
A collaboration between Churchill Archives Centre, Churchill College, The Møller Centre, Cambridge University Department of Politics and International Studies and the Faculty of History.
This one day symposium seeks to look at the challenge of understanding, assessing and perhaps improving political leadership. It seeks to bring together historians and political scientists with politicians and practitioners in a multi disciplinary and cross party approach. What better venue for such a discussion than Churchill College, founded as the national and Commonwealth memorial to Sir Winston, and the home to two centres for the study of leadership — the Churchill Archives Centre, which houses the personal papers of prominent political leaders of the recent past; and the Møller Centre, which looks to inspire and develop the leaders of today and tomorrow.
- The Right Honorable Charles Clarke — former Secretary of State for Education and Home Secretary
- Mr David Howarth, University of Cambridge and former MP for Cambridge
- Dr Julian Huppert, University of Cambridge and former MP for Cambridge
- Dr Toby James, UEA
- Professor David Reynolds, University of Cambridge
- Professor David Runciman, University of Cambridge
- Dr Peter Sloman, University of Cambridge
- Ms Laura Sandys, former MP for Thanet
- Dr Kristina Spohr, LSE
- Professor Richard Toye, University of Exeter
- Establishing a Framework for Political Leadership
- Assessing Political Leadership
- The Challenges of Political Leadership
The event will be followed by a drinks reception in the Jock Colville Hall.
This event is free but registration is essential.